More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a local governing body which works on behalf of the Directors to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and holds the Headteacher and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that young people are attending a successful academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The functions of Skipton Girls' High School´s Local Governing Body are:
- helping the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- monitoring financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- ensuring funds are spent appropriately and to the best benefit of students, especially disadvantaged students;
- acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Directors in partnership with the Headteacher and staff.
Local Governing Body
|Mr Howard Cutler||Chair of Governors|
|Mr Paul Darwin||Governor|
|Professor Zahir Irani||Governor|
|Mrs Rebecca Lofthouse||Governor (teaching staff)|
|Mr Malcolm Macintyre||Governor|
|Mrs Sue Mansfield||Governor|
|Mr Richard Millington
|Mrs Laura Moyns
||Governor (associate staff)|
|Mrs Jenn Plews
|Mrs Andrea Priest
|Mr D Whitfield
Previous Governors in the last 12 months
|Mrs Jenn Casper-Smith||Governor|
To contact any of the Local Governing Body, please contact the PA to the CEO Mrs S Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NSAT Structure and Governance