Attainment and Progress
Skipton Girls’ High School is a centre of academic excellence where young women are challenged to succeed at the very highest levels. Each year we see this reflected in the outstanding results achieved at GCSE and A Level.
Exploiting their creative talent and intellectual energy these young women also excel across a breadth of activities which include Duke of Edinburgh, Engineering Education Scheme, Young Enterprise, and a wealth of music, sport and community activities.
GCSE Results – 2019
- Attainment 8 Score - 71 - Average Grade – 7.1
- Progress 8 Score - 0.61
- 89% of students achieved 9-5 in English and Maths (national 44%)
- 100% of students achieved 9-4 in English and Maths
- 62% of all grades were awarded at 9 - 7
- 83% of all grades were awarded at 9 - 6
- 91% of students achieved a standard pass (against a national figure of 25%) and 77% achieved a strong pass (against a national figure of 18%) in the EBacc suite of qualifications
- Pupils staying in education of employment for at least 2 terms after key stage 4 (2016 - most recent data available) - 96%
School Performance Tables - Key Stage 4
A Level Results – 2019
- 38% of entries were at the top grades of A* and A
- 72% of entries achieved A*to B grades in 2019
- A*-E pass rate was 99%
- 23 students achieved A*-A grades across all of their subjects
- 94% of the year group applied to Higher Education
- 46% obtained a place at a Russell group university
- Six students were offered a place at Oxbridge subject to grades. Two students have taken up a place, one at Cambridge and one at Oxford.
School Performance Tables - Key Stage 5