More in this section...
Each academy in Northern Star Academies Trust has a local governing body which works on behalf of the Trustees to exercise leadership in the running of the individual academy and holds the Headteacher and staff to account. It is responsible for promoting high standards and strives to ensure that young people are attending a successful academy which provides them with a good education and supports their well-being.
The functions of Skipton Girls' High School´s Local Governing Body are:
- helping the Headteacher and senior leadership team to set high standards by planning for the school´s future and setting performance targets for the school;
- monitoring the effectiveness of the school provision;
- monitoring financial performance against budget and the management of risks against the school´s risk register;
- ensuring funds are spent appropriately and to the best benefit of students, especially disadvantaged students;
- acting as a critical friend to the Headteacher and senior leadership team, offering support and advice;
- helping the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- helping make the school be open and accountable to the public for what it does;
- working with the school on planning and developing policies and keeping the school provision under review; and
- exercising the responsibilities and powers delegated to it by the Trustees in partnership with the Headteacher and staff.
Local Governing Body
|Mr Howard Cutler||Chair of Governors|
|Mr Malcolm Macintyre||Community Governor|
|Mr Richard Millington
|Mr Mark Turner||Head of Academy|
|Mr D Whitfield
|Ms Jessica Thersby||Parent Governor|
|Mr Sam Echevarria||Staff Governor|
|Mrs Allison Firth||Staff Governor|
To review governor attendance and declarations of interest, please follow this link.
Previous Governors in the last 12 months
|Mrs Andrea Priest||Community Governor|
|Mr Paul Darwin||Community Governor|
|Mrs Sue Mansfield||Community Governor|
|Mrs Laura Moyns||Staff Governor (associate)|
|Mrs Rebecca Lofthouse||Staff Governor (teacher)|
|Mrs Zoe Hall||Staff Governor (teacher)|
To contact any members of the Local Governing Body, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To send correspondence to the Chair of Governors, please send this in a letter to the school address for the attention of the Chair of Governors, or alternatively email: email@example.com