Our Vision: To strive to meet 100% targets for attendance and punctuality
- Skipton Girls’ High School School seeks to ensure that all its students receive a full time education which maximizes opportunities for each student to realise their true potential. We firmly believe that good attendance leads to high attainment.
- The school will encourage attendance by providing a welcoming, caring environment, wherein each member of the school community feels wanted and secure. The school’s curriculum policy identifies ways in which the curriculum, teaching and learning together also encourages attendance.
- All school staff will work with students and their families to help ensure each student attends school regularly and punctually. Responsibility for attendance is shared by all school staff in their various roles, pastoral or otherwise.
- The school will maintain an effective system of incentives and rewards which acknowledges the success and efforts of students to improve their attendance and timekeeping and will challenge the behaviour of those students and parents who give low priority to attendance and punctuality.
- To meet these objectives, Skipton Girls’ High School will maintain an effective and efficient system of communication with students, parents and appropriate agencies to provide mutual information, advice and support.