More in this section...
The 16-19 Bursary Fund
The Government has set up a bursary fund for those studying at publicly funded schools or colleges in England aged 16-19. Funds from this are allocated to schools that can then award bursaries to provide financial assistance to help with post-16 studies. If you receive a bursary, you, or SGHS, can use the money to pay for things like:
- clothing, books and other equipment for your course (such as laptops);
- transport and lunch on days you study or train.
The amount of the bursary could be up to £1200, depending on your circumstances.
Please read the guidance document on this page for details on eligibility and applying for a bursary. The application form can also be downloaded from this page.
Please note: Applications for the Bursary will be accepted from Post-16 enrolment day. Please use the application form here for applications relating to the current year.
- Download Guidance Document
- Download Cover Letter
- Download Application Form
- Download Procedure Flow Chart