|Commitment is the key to success!
A resilient student, totally committed to making the most of all learning opportunities available.
- Enthusiastically takes responsibility for their learning and progress.
- Maintains excellent personal organisation.
- Actively seeks and acts on feedback.
- Perseveres with challenges, demonstrating resilience when things get difficult.
- Is not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them – a BRAVE learner.
- Stays focused, uses time efficiently and actively participates in lessons.
- Asks ‘curious’ questions & frequently takes the initiative.
- Supports the learning of others and drives the focus in group work.
- Completes homework thoroughly and with real thought.
A responsible and hardworking student, who tries to always do what is asked of them
- Takes responsibility for their learning.
- Is generally well-organised.
- Responds positively to feedback and completes tasks as required.
- With encouragement, is willing to persevere when things are difficult.
- With support, can be BRAVE.
- Does all that is asked of them and sometimes more.
- Asks relevant questions & can take the initiative.
- Maintains focus whether working collaboratively or individually.
- Completes homework well.
Generally meeting requirements but could make more of the opportunities available to develop as a learner.
- Responds to the teacher’s interest in their own progress and learning.
- Maintains a reasonable level of organisation.
- Usually completes set tasks if supervised but no more.
- Is generally focused and well-behaved if there are no distractions.
- Improves work after feedback with direction.
- Is occasionally resilient when tasks become difficult.
- Occasionally asks questions.
- Completes homework most of the time but it is often rushed.
Currently not meeting requirements and needs to become a more responsible and committed learner by:
- Displaying more interest in learning & making progress.
- Making an effort to be involved in the lesson and avoiding disrupting the learning of others.
- Acting on feedback provided.
- Embracing challenges.
- Spending more time on tasks and taking more pride in work.
- Asking more appropriate questions.
- Spending more time on homework.