More in this section...
Admissions to Sixth Form
Every year we welcome a significant number of students into our Sixth Form who have completed Year 11 at other schools.
There is no selection test for entrance to the Sixth Form. There is no limit for students who have completed Year 11 at Skipton Girls’ High School but all applicants, internal and external, must meet the academic entry criteria for the courses which they wish to take. There is a target figure of 35 for external applications.
The academic criteria, along with the closing date for applications, are published annually in the School’s Sixth Form Prospectus, and are available from the School on request.
If more external applicants meet these academic criteria than there are places, then the oversubscription criteria cited in our Admissions Policy will be applied.
We hold a Sixth Form Open Evening in November each year and Open Mornings during the Autumn Term. We would actively encourage potential students to visit the school or ask questions at any time.
For further information please contact the Post 16 Admissions Team on email@example.com
Apply to Sixth Form Online
Sixth Form Prospectus
- 8 November 2023 – 6.00 - 8.00pm Sixth Form Open Evening.
- 8 - 19 January 2024 – Personalised guidance interviews for all applicants. External applicants 4.00pm - 6.00pm.
- By the 26 January 2024 – Offer letters sent to students to confirm your place.
- 28 June 2024 – Post 16 Experience/Taster Day.
- 22 August 2024 – Enrolment day at SGHS (GCSE Results Day).